Infolinks In Text Ads

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Adventure Begins

I have finally come to the decision that I need to lose weight. My goal is to lose 75 pounds within a year's time. After trying many diets, I have come to the decision that only a healthy diet combined with exercise is going to get me to my ideal weight. Going vegetarian seems to be the healthiest diet for me. It is also the most ethical as it will remove meat from my diet.

My diet will not include soy products. Because I have breast cancer, my physicians recommend that I avoid soy. Monsanto controls most of the soy production in the U.S. and I have huge ethical issues with Monsanto. Avoiding soy is not a problem for me--it just means reading labels.

This journey started for me on Monday. I have kicked my exercise routine into high gear by walking 3 to 5 miles per day. This may not seem like a lot to most people, but I am still receiving chemo treatment for cancer and it takes a lot of effort to exercise on a daily basis.

I am restricting my calorie intake to 1400 per day. I accomplished this on Monday. Tuesday I hit 1628. Since Monday I have dropped 5 pounds. Hopefully this blog will inspire others.

Weight loss to date: 5.4 pounds
Today's walking goal: 3.5 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment