Infolinks In Text Ads

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Beginning Week Two

Last week was a roller coaster for me. I had great weight loss at the beginning of the week but gained most of it back by mid-week. Switching to a non-meat diet is easy for me. I have breast cancer. My treatment is close to being completed and I do not want to go through this again. This means that I must get my weight down. Overall weight loss for week one is 3 pounds. Not bad for a first week.

The way commercial cattle and poultry are raised is appalling. This too, plays a large part in my decision to go vegetarian. The basis for my new diet comes from the Vegetarian Times 28 Day Bootcamp. I am enjoying finding new foods to eat. A new favorite food for me is called "Trail Mix Baked Apples." All you do is mix raisins and chopped cashews together with cinnamon and nutmeg, then stuff the mixture into a cored apple and bake it for 4 minutes in the microwave. It is one of my new comfort foods.

I do not expect to exercise much this week. My last round of chemo was on Tuesday and it knocks me on my butt for about a week. I accomplished everything I could yesterday so that I could focus on dealing with the brain-fog and acute bone pain that accompanies chemo and the drugs they give me to combat the side-effects of the chemo drugs.

My usual exercise routine consists of walking anywhere from 3 to 5 miles a day. I base how far I walk on my energy levels. Walking the trails around the Crystal Bridges Museum is a great way to wind down after a busy day with the kids and it gives me quality time with my husband.

Hope this inspires you to lose weight and eat better.
--Lynda

2 comments:

  1. Keep on keeping on. I hope you have lots of loving support around you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I do have a lot of support, it makes all the difference in the world.

    ReplyDelete