Infolinks In Text Ads

Friday, June 1, 2012

Switching from a chair to a Pilates Ball

You see it on TV. Office workers sitting on Pilates style balls instead of office chairs. I spend a lot of time in front of my computer, so I decided to give it a try. It looks like an easy way to shed some pounds--at least that is what I thought at first.

Writing while trying to balance on the ball is distracting. I have to remember to stay upright and not lean back! Sitting on this definitely slows down my production. I'll give this a week--only part-time--I cannot see doing this permanently. Today I used the ball for 2.5 hours. Then my back started hurting and I replaced the ball with my chair. I'll try for a longer time period tomorrow.

This should be an interesting week for me. I am hoping to drop a pound or two. Chemo interferes with my weight loss and diet big time. I am glad that my last treatment was on Tuesday and now I can focus on getting back to a somewhat normal life. Haven't eaten much this week since chemo. Most days my calorie count was under 1200 and my exercise was down to nothing.

I still managed to stay vegetarian this week. One of my new favorite recipes is Adobo beans and cilantro rice. Black bean chili with adobo is great too. It is very tasty over a sweet potato. Can't eat spicy stuff this week--it's a chemo thing. One of the things I like about switching to a vegetarian diet is that I am trying new foods. Sometimes, I am eating familiar foods prepared in a new way. I like to eat and this is an exciting adventure for me.

Waiting to see if this Pilates thing works out or if I end up falling off of it and breaking a bone or something.
--Lynda

No comments:

Post a Comment